On Monday, June 7, 30 people attended the Affordable Housing Forum via Zoom. Stable Housing: The Foundation of Community was the theme of the social justice forum, co-sponsored by the Social Justice Committee and Building Action Team. The forum featured Alan Arthur, President and Chief Executive Officer of Aeon, a Twin Cities-based developer and manager of affordable homes. He was joined by CJ Simmons-Faye Jones, an Aeon resident who spoke to the impact of secure housing on her life. The Forum was moderated by Corpus Christi parishioner Craig Klausing, former mayor of Roseville, who serves on the boards of Minnesota Housing and the Family Housing Fund. The forum was recorded and can be found below.
Below are links to some organizations in the twin cities who are working towards everyone having a home.
- Aeon: Creates and sustains quality affordable homes that strengthen lives and communities.
- Beacon Interfaith Housing Collaborative: Congregations committed to making sure all people have a home.
- CommonBond Communities: Creates affordable housing communities throughout Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa to help people of all ages and walks of life.
- Housing First: Helps long-term homeless men and women secure housing and connect to supportive services to help them remain housed. A program of Catholic Charities of Saint Paul and Minneapolis.
- Project Home: Provides 24/7 shelter for families experiencing homelessness and assists in finding permanent, affordable housing and employment. A program of Interfaith Action of Greater Saint Paul.
Comments and feedback should be sent to Amanda Kieffer, Chair of the Corpus Christi Building Action Team Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org